PC Shutdown Auto After BIOS Update

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

KEXUS

so i have this acer gateway DT71 pc and i made some modifications so my config is 8gb ram ddr3, i5 2500, and i bought a gtx 1050 ti,500gb storage seagate, motherboard acer veriton s6610g and 300w power supply
all was good the motherbpard was runing good but for some reason when i installed windows 10 it kept showing a blhe screen with a code: kmode_exception_not_handled
and when i opened task manager i saw that cpu usage was 100% non sttop and it was runing some 789364463904835 processes i was scared to break the cpu so i downgraded to windows 7 and stayed with it it was runing good but yesterday i tried to update the bios thinking that it will let me run windows 10 so the update was good but when i turned on the pc it kept showing a windows 7 blue screen i reinstalled windows 7 and it stopped showing the blue screen but it kept shutting down by itself without showing that shutting down loading screen like i was just downloading geforce experience and boom the pc is off an it turns on again by itself i ran check disk and everything and i tested the hardware in another computer all was good besides the motherboard it was the problem from it so what can i do to fix the problem of shutting down suddenly please answer !!

Tanis

Shane
Hi and welcome to TSG.

So, the only thing that has changed, as far as I can see, is the GPU?

The GTX1050Ti requires a minimum of a 300w PSU and it really does need to be a good quality one. It is unlikely the one that came in the Acer is particularly good and it is also quite possibly a bit old.

So, the first thing I would suggest looking into is upgrading the PSU to a good quality 450W unit. A good quality PSU will have a least 5 years warranty on it, ideally it will have 10.

KEXUS

Hi and welcome to TSG.

So, the only thing that has changed, as far as I can see, is the GPU?

The GTX1050Ti requires a minimum of a 300w PSU and it really does need to be a good quality one. It is unlikely the one that came in the Acer is particularly good and it is also quite possibly a bit old.

So, the first thing I would suggest looking into is upgrading the PSU to a good quality 450W unit. A good quality PSU will have a least 5 years warranty on it, ideally it will have 10.
its not the psu i did so much experiences with another pc and its the motherboard thw gpu was working smooth with everythin before until i did upgrade the bios of the motherboard and now the pc shuts down by itself i did remove the gpu and tried to run the pc only with the cpu graphics integrated and it still shuts down with a black screen then returns on

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
What's the exact SNID number on that Acer Gateway DT71 PC?
What BIOS version was previously installed?
What BIOS version did you install, and where did you get it from?

That model PC is several years old and was sold in South Africa.
It was designed to run Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit.
It was never designed to run Windows 10.

------------------------------------------------

KEXUS

What's the exact SNID number on that Acer Gateway DT71 PC?
What BIOS version was previously installed?
What BIOS version did you install, and where did you get it from?

That model PC is several years old and was sold in South Africa.
It was designed to run Windows XP 32-bit and Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit.
It was never designed to run Windows 10.

------------------------------------------------
i dont remember the version which was installed in it but the version i installed is the P01.A4 i got it from the acer official site and yes it is the exact snid

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Capture.JPG

That BIOS update is almost 9 years old and has nothing to do with Windows 10 compatibility, so there was no valid reason to install it.

You said you were able to re-install Windows 7 after doing the BIOS update, so it's obvious the BIOS update didn't fail.
If the BIOS update had failed, you wouldn't have been able to do anything with that PC.

We're not there, so we have no way of knowing what you're doing wrong.
If you have a family member or friend who is knowledgeable with PC's, you should ask that person to help you.

----------------------------------------------

plodr

Liz
The Acer site has no drivers beyond Windows 7. Only XP and Win 7 drivers are available from Acer for your model. What that means is the hardware is not supported for Windows 10. If you force a Windows 10 install, chances are you will have problems with things like audio and video.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online