1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC shutdown Automatically, PSU or what ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Moha16, Apr 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moha16

Moha16 Thread Starter

Hello everyone, I'm new here, so the last few days my computer was shutting down itself every time Memory or CPU be in 100 degrees, As well as when I place a CD/DVD into the computer case, PC also shutdown, then restart, I don't know if PSU (Power Supply) is the cause or not!

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks!

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

First of all, no one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact ram, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts. If this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand, model# and service tag#
    If that is in celsius, you have a big problem. Do the following;
    1 Pw ON the system and enter the bios
    2 Post the following info from the bios; cpu temp; 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values. Let it run in the bios for at least 2~3min to stabilize temps and voltage. Read your motherboard manual as to the location of the info. Each bios is different [sometimes even each revision] so giving you detailed instructions on where to find the data is next to impossible. Again, read your manual.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2018
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1209122

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice