1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc Shutdown/restart

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by novelwriter5, Mar 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. novelwriter5

novelwriter5 Thread Starter

I read the other posts about motherboard temps. My PC has just started shutting itself down, then restarting on its own. I checked the back of the PC for dust build up and the top fan holes (power supply) were almost plugged completely. I gave it an external cleaning but did not open the case yet.

When it shut down, I got under my desk to check if the fan was actually blowing or not. It was blowing, but while I was down there, I heard A fan labor for a second, then go back to normal speed. Does the power supply have a seperate fan, or is it part of the whole unit, or is this my problem at all? I checked to make sure the power cord was fully conected.

Better run before this thing shuts off. Also, this happens anytime whether the PC is warm of cold.

HP XP Home SP1, 512 RAM AMD processor

Michael

2. bonk

bonk Banned

If it is not under warranty clean the inside with a can of air or a pure bristle small brush

The power supply comes with a fan attached...when you open the case start your PC and make sure all the fans are running...then shutdown the PC and unplug it before you clean it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/454725

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice