1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Shuts down randomly after installing windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by Denjin, Dec 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Denjin

Denjin Thread Starter

Hello,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from 7 and ever since my PC randomly shuts down when playing Video Games mostly.

I have tried cleaning up the PC of dust, applied thermal paste.
    Tried multiple GPU drivers.
    Unchecked the sleep mode and the fast boot options Windows 10 has.
    I doubt PSU is the issue because i had none of these issues on Windows 7 using the same hardware.

I just don't know what to do anymore to be honest. Is there any fix to this ? Pretty much every video that i managed to find on youtube to fix this problem has given zero good results.

2. Denjin

Denjin Thread Starter

This is the system info, i forgot to upload the file earlier.

Attached Files:

3. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You need to widen the "Item" and "Value" columns so all the information in them can be seen.

Please do the following in that computer so we can have information that your log doesn't provide.
    Download and save the TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe) file.
    After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
    Information about your computer will appear.
    Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

----------------------------------------------------------------

5. Denjin

Denjin Thread Starter

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 17763, Installed 20191205044651.000000+120
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 8
    Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070
    Hard Drives: C: 111 GB (86 GB Free); D: 232 GB (62 GB Free); E: 0 GB (0 GB Free); G: 781 GB (371 GB Free); H: 150 GB (75 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 990XA-UD3, ver To be filled by O.E.M., s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
    System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

6. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

I can see you upgraded on the 5 December is the computer updating OK, as on 10 updates include not only windows itself but many drivers

Is there any events on event viewer that offer any information as to shutdown

Please confirm that Windows Defender is the ONLY AV in use and there is not some third party one.

Was the upgrade done from the Microsoft link by downloading the tool and then selecting upgrade or by ISO download from the tool and then within 7 selecting setup from mounted ISO
    OR was it upgraded from some other link

I think I am correct in saying that your upgrade was from 7 Ultimate to 10 Professional
    as on a previous topic of yours that computer had
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD FX(tm)-8350 Eight-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 21 Model 2 Stepping 0
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 16344 Mb
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., 990XA-UD3

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019
  7. Denjin

Denjin Thread Starter

Windows defender is the only AV installed at the moment.

I previously installed all the updates that were available and the shut down was happening more often then it is now, as well as the random screen freeze with the looping sound effect. I rolled back every driver and the shut down is not as often but still present.

The upgrade was made from a fresh install.As in, nothing was upgraded.Windows 7 was formatted and a fresh copy of 10 was installed.

8. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

From where please, was Windows 10 downloaded for the clean install
    So knowing now that it was a clean install and NOT an upgrade process from 7 to 10, may I presume that the Windows 7 Ultimate key was used to activate 10

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1237265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice