Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC shuts down randomly

805 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Tanis 
#1 ·
So I had this a 2 days ago, and I fixed it by just randomly plugging in and unplugging my video card and my vga cable. My pc was fine for 2 days.

And today, a new problem came up. My pc kept shutting down randomly, even without doing anything. But the first 2 encounters were just me browsing the internet.

What might have caused this? It's not an overheat I know. Can anyone tell me what parts/factors might be causing this?

PC Specs (in case it helps)

Palit GeForce 9400GT 1GB 128Bit DDR2
AMD Athlon 64 X2 2.7GhZ
2x 2GB Strontium DDR2 RAM
BIOSTAR NF615 Micro AM2 Mboard
Hitachi 500GB HDD
PSU is 550W, I don't know what brand.

It is a 5 year old desktop.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, please help. Thanks!

EDIT: Checked the Event Viewer, seems like i'm getting a Kernel-Power Event 41 Task (63) error

See less See more
#3 ·
either check your Hard disk and Motherboard... how old already is your system? actually that was my problem before its keeps booting and will shut off once in awhile until it becomes often. I have changed my Motherboard from Asus to Biostar.

have anybody already checked your pc to double check your sytem?

#4 ·
I didn't try scanning yet, but just now it did a system restore, which messed up some of my games (those that updated after the system restore point) and it was fine for an hour til it shut off already. I'm not sure how i'm gonna get a virus because my other PC only has 120GB taken out of 500GB, and it just has 3 games and google chrome installed. I don't download anything but game patches/updates, and I use torrent here in my other pc. Gonna try to do a scan still though to check.

#5 ·
My hard disk is fine, it's just 5 months old. My system is already 5 years old. (Only RAM and Video card hasn't change) mboard is 2 years old, HDD is 5 months old, psu is 2 years old too.

No, no one yet. I'm just the one who diagnose my computers.

#7 ·
What is the exact make and model of the machine, assuming its a 'big brand' machine like HP, Dell, Compaq, Acer etc?

Have you made any hardware changes or upgrades since you bought it?

Download and install HWMonitor (Its free). Run the program and take a screenshot of it with your PC sat doing nothing (idle) on the desktop.

Then with HWMonitor still running in the background (hopefully without it crashing), try running a game for a short while, only needs to be for a minute or so. Then exit the game and screenshot HWMonitor again. Post the two screenshots in a reply here.

Also, can you give us a DXDiag report? Click Start and type 'dxdiag' (without the quotes) in the Run box and hit Enter. When the DXDiag window opens click the 'Save All Information' button (bottom right I think) and save the .txt file to your desktop. Copy and Paste the entire contents of that file into a reply here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.