1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC shuts down & reboots itself!!!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by denden, Jan 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. denden

denden Thread Starter

I really hope someone can help me!!!!! After having fix corrupted winsock2, and trying to get rid of numerous spyware, my PC now shuts down and restarts whenever it wants. DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!

2. Cadet

Cadet

3. denden

denden Thread Starter

Thanks Cadet - but that Memtest86 was way over my head! How do you use this program? I got as far as executing the rawrite.exe and didn't have a clue what to do next!

4. Cadet

Cadet

Hi bud,

Must say i havent used it myself in a while, have just downloaded and looked it it and you need to unzip the 4 files into a folder ( doesnt matter where ). Insert a formated floppy disk. then run install.bat .

A dos screen will apear and then basically just follow the prompts. I will copy some files to the disk then re-boot your computer with the disk still in your drive. Your computer will then boot off the disk and run a test on your memory.

If your computer does not boot off your floppy disk you may need to go into your bios and set your computer to boot from floppy ( but 9/10 its already set to boot from floppy)

Cadet

5. denden

denden Thread Starter

Hi Cadet, I ran the Memtest and saw nothing wrong - thanks for your help, and if you have any more ideas or if anybody else knows why my PC is shutting down I would appreciate the help. :(

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!