1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Shuts Off Accessing Certain Part of HDD

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by maru487, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maru487

maru487 Thread Starter

I've put up with this for quit sometime thinking it was solved only to have the problem show up again.

The first time was 2 years ago, moving image files from the bad 500gig hdd to another. The PC would shut off accessing 3 or 4 certain image files. I then reformatted the drive, chkdsk, scanned with manf. software and nothing came up as bad. I contacted the manf. and they replaced it after describing the problem.

The replacement does the same thing and has been ever since. I have tried to isolate and scan the crap out the HDD (on another computer), but it never finds anything bad.

Seems like both the old drive and the replacement drive did/do it when the drive is/was 85% full.

Summary:
    1. I have replaced the SATA cables.
    2. I have warranty replaced the HDD
    3. I have scanned the HDD finding no errors.
    4. I have scanned the computer memory
    5. I have added surge protection to the PC

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915352

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice