PC Shuts Off Accessing Certain Part of HDD

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

maru487

I've put up with this for quit sometime thinking it was solved only to have the problem show up again.

The first time was 2 years ago, moving image files from the bad 500gig hdd to another. The PC would shut off accessing 3 or 4 certain image files. I then reformatted the drive, chkdsk, scanned with manf. software and nothing came up as bad. I contacted the manf. and they replaced it after describing the problem.

The replacement does the same thing and has been ever since. I have tried to isolate and scan the crap out the HDD (on another computer), but it never finds anything bad.

Seems like both the old drive and the replacement drive did/do it when the drive is/was 85% full.

Summary:
  1. I have replaced the SATA cables.
  2. I have warranty replaced the HDD
  3. I have scanned the HDD finding no errors.
  4. I have scanned the computer memory
  5. I have added surge protection to the PC

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online