pc shuts off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

WESLEEF

when i boot up the PC it shuts offf immediately. sometimes it runs through the windows post test and shuts off. is the cpu overheating or the HDD is bad.

It's doubtful the cpu could overheat in that short amount of time. Nor is it likely the hard drive. Could be the power supply not providing enough power. Really can't tell you much from here.

WESLEEF

i think its the power supply too. i think its gone bad. well. it runs the post test then it shut off. i check the cables and the fans. they are fine and the fans are running but it shuts off. if its the power supply, how much will that cost or should i just buy another console?

I can't help you too much with that other than to say a new power supply would be the thing to get if that is what's wrong. I suggest you do some research and check with your computer's manufacturer. It shouldn't cost anything near what a new computer would cost.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online