1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc shuts off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by WESLEEF, Oct 2, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. WESLEEF

WESLEEF Thread Starter

when i boot up the PC it shuts offf immediately. sometimes it runs through the windows post test and shuts off. is the cpu overheating or the HDD is bad.

2. shinybeast

shinybeast

It's doubtful the cpu could overheat in that short amount of time. Nor is it likely the hard drive. Could be the power supply not providing enough power. Really can't tell you much from here.

3. WESLEEF

WESLEEF Thread Starter

i think its the power supply too. i think its gone bad. well. it runs the post test then it shut off. i check the cables and the fans. they are fine and the fans are running but it shuts off. if its the power supply, how much will that cost or should i just buy another console?

4. shinybeast

shinybeast

I can't help you too much with that other than to say a new power supply would be the thing to get if that is what's wrong. I suggest you do some research and check with your computer's manufacturer. It shouldn't cost anything near what a new computer would cost.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/755531

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice