PC sometimes stuck on bios on first boot. Fixes after restart.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rag0n

I have a desktop pc almost 1 year old. Sometomes when i turn it on it is stuck on the motherboard logo and gives no power to the usb devices. When i press the reset button it starts normally. Can you help please?

Cpu i7 4770
Mb gigabyte ga-z87m-hd3
Ram 16 gb
Gpu gigabyte windforce gtx 760
Psu bitmore 650 watt

crjdriver

Cold boot problems that go away after a reboot are very often pw supply problems. What happens is that the capacitors in the pw supply discharge over time. When you first pw ON, there just is not enough pw to boot the system. After a restart, it works.

I have never heard of the pw supply you list. The very first thing I would do would be to swap in a known good, quality pw supply. Something like a high end corsair or seasonic unit.

As a simple test, pull your video card out and connect to the onchip video. If it boots ok with the onchip video, you know you have a pw problem.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Gpu gigabyte windforce gtx 760
You didn't completely describe that graphics card, but it appears to be a dual-width, dual-fan model.

From what I can determine, it's power-hungry and requires a minimum of a 500 watt power supply.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts