1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC sometimes stuck on bios on first boot. Fixes after restart.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rag0n, Mar 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rag0n

rag0n Thread Starter

I have a desktop pc almost 1 year old. Sometomes when i turn it on it is stuck on the motherboard logo and gives no power to the usb devices. When i press the reset button it starts normally. Can you help please?

Cpu i7 4770
    Mb gigabyte ga-z87m-hd3
    Ram 16 gb
    Gpu gigabyte windforce gtx 760
    Psu bitmore 650 watt

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Cold boot problems that go away after a reboot are very often pw supply problems. What happens is that the capacitors in the pw supply discharge over time. When you first pw ON, there just is not enough pw to boot the system. After a restart, it works.

I have never heard of the pw supply you list. The very first thing I would do would be to swap in a known good, quality pw supply. Something like a high end corsair or seasonic unit.

As a simple test, pull your video card out and connect to the onchip video. If it boots ok with the onchip video, you know you have a pw problem.

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You didn't completely describe that graphics card, but it appears to be a dual-width, dual-fan model.

From what I can determine, it's power-hungry and requires a minimum of a 500 watt power supply.

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145768

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice