1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC specs checking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kokaik, Jan 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kokaik

kokaik Thread Starter

Dear all

I have received 3 old pcs from my parent comapny and I do not know how to check the hardware specs ie PI/II/III RAM etc.

Software I know I can check in the add/Remove program.

Pls help. Thanks

2. deuce

deuce

Check ram after the ram count when you start, and also in your system properties. (right click my computer) You should be able to also check if the cpu is celeron, PII, PIII, P4, AMD, whatever, but in case you can't, you can check right after the ram count when you startup.

3. n2gun

n2gun

You can also go to cnet.com and download a program called Sandra which is a shareware version. It is not fully functional but should give you the info you want.

4. slipe

slipe

If they have modems or a way to connect to the internet, go to www.belarc.com and install their advisor. It will give you a full report of everything on the computer.

5. kramnnim

kramnnim

6. kokaik

kokaik Thread Starter

Thanks guy for all your help...

the 3rd party s/w works well.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/65816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice