1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Specs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by xxtomxx, Mar 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xxtomxx

xxtomxx Thread Starter

Here are my final specs, tell me what you think?

Also would a i7 be worth the extra money for a future proof pc?

Also would all the stuff fit in the mid-tower case i listed or will i need to get the full-tower version?

Attached Files:

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    For those who do not have Excel or do not want to risk downloading a file, here are the specs.

Intel Core i5 3570K 3.4GHz Socket 1155 6MB Cache Retail Boxed Processor
    Gigabyte GA-Z77-D3H Socket 1155 VGA DVI HDMI 8 Channel Audio ATX Motherboard
    Corsair Vengeance Performance Memory Module 8GB (1x8GB) DDR3 1600MHz Unbuffered CL9 DIMM Memory for 2nd and 3rd generation Intel Core systems
    Corsair Hydro Series H60 2013 model High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Windforce2X 2GB GDDR5 Dual Link DVI HDMI Display Port PCI-E Graphics Card with FREE ASSASSINS CREED III Download Coupon + Free to Play bundle
    (free accessory)*Assassins Creed III Nvidia Download Coupon
    (free accessory)*NVIDIA F2P £100 in game for GTX 660 and above
    MZ-7td250bw - Samsung 840 SSD
    Seagate 3TB Barracuda Hard Drive - 3.5" SATA-III - 7200RPM 64MB Cache
    NZXT Phantom 410 Black Orange Special Edition
    Corsair Gaming Series 2013 Edition, 800 Watt, 80+ Bronze, ATX
    Samsung S24b300hl LED LCD Widescreen 23.6" HDMI Monitor
    TP-Link N600 Wireless Dual Band Pci Express Adapter
    Liteon Ihas124 24x Dvd±rw (dual ±r)/ram Sata Drive (internal Black)
    Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit DVD - OEM
    HDMI Cable 1.4 Black 2 Metre

Build looks fine. The Mid-ATX case is fine and what most people use, barely anyone needs the extra room, mostly drive bays, of a full ATX case. The i7 may be a bit faster for gaming but the i5=3570k does pretty much as well in most games from what I've seen. If you want to invest a bit more money then upping the video card to the 670 or 680 may give you more gains.

Also, you could have just posted this to one of you original threads to keep proper thread flow.

3. dai

dai

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1093905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice