1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Standby Problems - pls help

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by shion, Sep 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shion

shion Thread Starter

hi, m wondering if anyone can help me.

i run the following:
    Pentium IV socket 478 mobo-Asus P4P800 DLX
    Win2K Pro SP4
    101 Keyboard (PS2) -set to bring PC out from standby
    Optical Mouse (USB) - NOT set to bring PC out from standby

current standby settings:
    monitor off - 20 mins
    hdd off - 3 mins
    pc standby - 3 mins

Q1) should my hdd setting be turned off before or after my pc is set to go on standby-or it doesnt matter?

Q2) when i have my mouse set to bring my pc out of standby, my pc does not go into standby (it switches off and back on again) why is this?

Q3) because of that i have turned off mouse to bring pc out from standby and it works, however once my pc goes into standby i cant bring my pc back up again with my keyboard even when i have set it to do so. pls help.

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Your settings are illogical. It makes no sense to have the Monitor set to turn off after the PC standby (which should turn off the Monitor)

And frankly I wouldn't have the HD set to go on standby at all, it saves little or nothing unless perhaps you are on a notebook.

For the mouse related issue, I don't see anything in the MS knowledge base, but have a look there might be something specific to your particular setup:

http://support.microsoft.com/search...xResults=25&srchstep=1&querySource=gASr_Query

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!