Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC started losing video signal

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  DRPC 
#1 ·
Hello everyone, I am desperate for help here.

Here are my specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8- Core 3.89GHz

MB: B450 AORUS PRO-CF

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650

RAM: Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2933MHz 16GB

What is the problem:

I recently bought a new CPU, MB and RAM which is listed below, those were all installed somewhere around Christmas time. So I've never experienced this problem before June-ish this year. I can only explain it as follows: when playing games that require some graphical thinking, my screen will SOMETIMES turn either all white, or all black, and then proceed to show the "No video signal" error on my monitors. Now, this does NOT happen when playing less heavy games such as Isaac, Europa Universalis 4, League of Legends etc. This issue has occured on the following games: Dota 2, The Forgotten City, Tomb Raider, Sekiro.

Things I have attempted:

So I have almost gone mental with attempts to fix this issue. Including, done a Furmark test (no issues). Changed PCIe slots (no change), cleaned the RAM sticks (no change).

I bought a new GPU to test whether or not this would change the problem, after a few days of no issue, it started again. I attempted to completely delete all drivers from the GPU and reinstall, the same with CPU, MB and windows updates. I attempted a complete OS reinstall, still issues. I have ran both CCleaner and Malwarebytes, as well as scoured the computer files for any potential mining malware.

I have checked the event viewer and will post the errors below:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xffffa20522472010, 0xfffff801739271e4, 0xffffffffc000009a, 0x0000000000000004). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: b7150fa9-4416-4491-a125-20e8726f2d66.

The description for Event ID 14 from source nvlddmkm cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

\Device\Video3 21a5(31c4) 00000000 00000000

Thank you guys for any responses. I am honestly desperate here.

See less See more
#2 ·
Please do the following in that PC:
Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about that PC will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

Please provide a description and the wattage of the PSU.

------------------------------------------------

#3 ·
Please do the following in that PC:
Download and save the tsginfo.exe file.
After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.
Information about that PC will appear.
Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

Please provide a description and the wattage of the PSU.

------------------------------------------------
Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20200619024415.000000+060
Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 113 Stepping 0, CPU Count: 16
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1650
Hard Drives: C: 1862 GB (718 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B450 AORUS PRO-CF, ver x.x, s/n Default string
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n Default string
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

The PSU is a Corsair VS 650W.

#7 ·
Next time it happens, try pressing this key combo:
Windows key + Ctrl + Shift + B

That will restart your graphics driver. Curious if it has an affect. It won't if computer has crashed / already rebooted. It might if lack of display output is the problem.

You say you reinstalled the OS, but TSG utility shows install date of 2020.
Did you do a clean install?

Would recommend that -OR- using DDU to thoroughly remove graphics drivers, then reinstall latest driver from Nvidia, which is version 471.68 available here:
https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/179681/en-us

As for the bugcheck event, you need to change the way dumps are saved from a full memory dump (16GB is way too big to share) to a minidump, which you could post somewhere to have analyzed.

Go to Settings -> System -> About -> Advanced System Settings -> click Settings button for Startup and Recovery -> Under System Failure, change 'Write debugging info' to Small Memory Dump. Small dump directory should be: %SystemRoot%\Minidump (aka: C:\Windows\MiniDump). Also, uncheck Automatically Restart, so you can see the blue screen/error message when it occurs.

When the crash occurs again, or better after multiple crashes, check this directory for .dmp files, zip them all up and post them somewhere (ie: onedrive/google drive/dropbox/etc), and I will take a look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.