PC Starts, But No Display...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Asgna

Hello all!
I've recently encountered an error with my computer. When I turn it on, I get no display. No beep when I remove all ram. The fans spin, also. I've resseted the CMoS, used 1 stick of ram, and to no avail. The computer worked perfectly before this happened.
PC Specs::
Motherboard: Intel DX58SOG
CPU: Intel i7 950 3.07 GhZ
GPU: ATI Radeon 4870 (1gb)
PSU: Coolermaster 600W
Windows 10 Pro

Thank you for your time, and help
Sincerely, C.

crjdriver

You are going to have to do some basic troubleshooting. Do the following;
1 System OFF remove the side cover and pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical
2 Pull out any add-in cards ie sound, nic, etc. Your cpu does not have onchip video so leave your video card installed however do reseat the video and and be sure it is fully seated
3 Reseat both atx and aux pw connectors. Again be sure they are fully seated
4 Pull out all ram. Clean the slots with a can of air. Reinstall a single ram chip in whatever slot your motherboard manual says to populate with a single chip
5 Clear cmos with the clear jumper for a minimum of 10 seconds. Replace the jumper to the normal position
6 Disconnect ALL usb type devices ie printer, scanner, etc. Leave your keyboard connected however be sure it is connected to a rear mb port and not a front case port
7 Pw ON and see if the board will POST. If it does, then shutdown and start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If the board will not POST, you are going to have to swap parts with known good units ie pw supply, motherboard, ram, etc

Just my opinion however your hardware is now 10yr old. Putting any money into fixing 10yr old tech is not cost effective. Up to you.

Asgna

You are going to have to do some basic troubleshooting. Do the following;
1 System OFF remove the side cover and pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical
2 Pull out any add-in cards ie sound, nic, etc. Your cpu does not have onchip video so leave your video card installed however do reseat the video and and be sure it is fully seated
3 Reseat both atx and aux pw connectors. Again be sure they are fully seated
4 Pull out all ram. Clean the slots with a can of air. Reinstall a single ram chip in whatever slot your motherboard manual says to populate with a single chip
5 Clear cmos with the clear jumper for a minimum of 10 seconds. Replace the jumper to the normal position
6 Disconnect ALL usb type devices ie printer, scanner, etc. Leave your keyboard connected however be sure it is connected to a rear mb port and not a front case port
7 Pw ON and see if the board will POST. If it does, then shutdown and start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If the board will not POST, you are going to have to swap parts with known good units ie pw supply, motherboard, ram, etc

Just my opinion however your hardware is now 10yr old. Putting any money into fixing 10yr old tech is not cost effective. Up to you.
Thank you! This was a hand-me-down pc for school work. I'm working on getting a better pc with better stuff. Could I keep my HDD? I have alot of important stuff on it.

crjdriver

Sure however the operating system is going to have to be clean installed. You can connect the hd to a new system then copy whatever you want.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online