Pc starts but none of the plug ins work

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rhysjones45

Right so I have an old pc but it's been upgraded a few times and I've not had any issues with it for a long time.

I' quite good with pcs but this has stumped me.

So I turn the pc on and it starts up normally (the tower) but everything else just didn't work with the pc so like the keyboard is not lit up the mouse is not lit up and my screen says it can't find a connction so it just turns off.

Now I know all of them are working because I tried them with a diffrnt pc. But is not working with this pc.

I've been stuck on this for months and help is welcome.

cwwozniak

Chuck
Hi Rhysjones45, and welcome to TSG. Exactly what do you mean by, "starts up normally"?

Do any of the case, power supply, or cpu fans spin up when the computer is turned on?

Does the motherboard make any beeps when turned on? Do any indicator LEDs on the motherboard or case light up when you turn on the computer?

Please tell us the manufacturers, exact model numbers, and any version numbers of the motherboard, CPU on the motherboard, power supply, and any plugged in video controller card. Also, please summarize all of the modifications or upgrades done to the computer.

Has the computer ever worked after the last modification or upgrade that you did?

Rhysjones45

Hi thanks for the reply and sorry for the
Late reply but I have sorted it.... I found a wire unpluggd so I pushed it back in and it started up. But I don't understand how it was a wire to the hard drive And as far as I'm aware you can use a pc with just a i3 and a ram so it makes no sense why it stoped my pc .

Anyway thanks again sorry to waist time

cwwozniak

Chuck
It is strange that a disconnected hard drive would prevent the motherboard from booting up. Glad to hear you figured it out.

You can mark this topic as being solved using the button bt your first post.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online