Pc starts up Sometimes.. Sometimes Power save mode.. Help

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

no one

Im working on a pc that is having start up problems.. ( though I have not seen it for my self)
The pc would turn on and the monitor said it was in power save mode... And the front light would just sit there and flash. I brought the pc over to my house to look at it. Started right up.No problems... but then after going back to the owner Problem was back.
I had the person try different Power cord, different outlet, even my mother in-laws house... She said, same problem... I went over to the in laws place.. Started right no problems.... Returned to owner, pc wont start again.. just a flashing light and power save mode...Im lost... Power supply? Mother Board, Memory
What am I missing???
Thanks

Ps newer ps ( Celeron 2700 (n) , running XP, 512 mb)

Take a multimeter and go to the owners house. Check the outlet for 110v. It is sounding like maybe a bad outlet to me.

I would also look at all the peripherals he didn't have with him at your house such as mouse, keyboard etc....

no one

Thanks for the reply, I have an extra PSU I'll try out and see what happens

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts