PC stops working while processing heavy tasks

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

vincent-weng

I built my desktop recently (AMD r5 1600+Gigabyte B350M GAMING+Crucial 8GBx2 DDR4 RAM 2400MHz+Crucial 275GB SSD+Seagate 1TB HDD+Gigabyte GTX 1070+EVGA 500W power supply). In the first two weeks it worked well even when I play AAA games with all high video setting (such as Watch Dog 2) but since yesterday a wried problem started to repeat.

It suddenly stops working with screen being black, keyboard and mouse off (LED does not turn on when I press NumLock key), but CPU and GPU fans keep working. If I force it to turn off and restart it I can see the Gigabyte logo during booting but same thing happens when I log in to windows or some time after. If I turn it off and wait some time I can successfully enter the system, but the problem occurs when I do some heavy work. I believe it to be a problem of cooling but when I use the monitor software to see the temperature and fan speed they look just fine (52 ℃ CPU with 2400 RPM fan and 60℃ GPU with 2000 RPM fan, during performance test) 1 second before it crashes. It really drives me mad.. Anyone knows what happening???

HyperHenry

Henry
Hi Vincent. Just a couple questions, What is the make and model of your PSU? Do you have it overclo9cked and if so to what point?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online