1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC struggles to boot, need insight

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by winx69, Mar 26, 2020 at 9:23 PM.

1. winx69

winx69 Thread Starter

I just built a new PC, 2 days into use it started to have issues. I have solved some issues, but one still remains.

Context; first problem arose when both monitors went black and had no signal detected on me. Restarted PC via button, it had issues turning back on. Had to unplug, hold button for 30 sec, plug back in, and it booted.
    Blinking white light first occured on graphics card, being a gigabyte card apparently this meant abnormal power. Only parts I did not replace, were my powersupply, and my grapics card. Both functioned fine before rebuild. The monitors kept disconnecting making the PC useless for me, nothing else strange happening, PC working fine except that and the white blinking light.
    After troubleshooting, and wishful thinking, I replaced the power supply after realising it was atleast 5 years old and it needed replacing regardless. I've installed the new power supply today, but I had to do the same thing again where I plugged the cord out, held for 30 sec, it did not turn on right away but after a few seconds it did.
    Blinking light was gone. After 3-4 hours of gaming with no issues, I decided to turn the PC off to see if it would start again easily or not.

This is where I am confused, and concerned. I don't know a lot about PCs. So I don't know if this could be causing damage to my parts, the PC struggles to boot. I almost always have to plug the cord out and repeat the process i've stated. I've noticed a red light on my motherboard when the PC does start, but it goes away when the PC gets to the windows screen, and after this the PC runs absolutely fine.

What could this be? How can I fix it?

Specs:
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900x
    ASROCK X570 Phanton Gaming 4 ATX Motherboard
    Gigabyte 1070 windforce OC
    Corsair 2x8gb 3200 mhz
    Corsair rm650x
    Corsair h100i

2. Blu_86

Blu_86

Set your SOCvid to 1.1000v (1.1v ~ manaully)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1242127

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice