1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc stuck at boot manager with new gfx card insterted

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by outlawkelb, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outlawkelb

outlawkelb Thread Starter

So i just got a evga GTX 650ti SSC , and a power supply to support it.
    it worked perfectly for about 2 days and today i tried starting it up and its just stuck at
    the bootmanager screen , counting down to 0 from 10 , but sometimes the counter gets stuck at 8 sometimes at 7 and then nothing happens. My keyboard is also not responding, if i spam F2 and get to bios screen , it gets stuck there also. if i spam F8 and get to that screen it gets stuck, basically after 3-4 seconds, the pc freezes.

if i try to use the VGA adapter on the motherbaord for display , all is well., comupter starts normally , windows boots up, keyboard works etc.

I have a AMD phenom II x4 820, @2.8ghz.
    evga gtx 650ti SSC,
    6gb ram
    motherboard 04GJJT A05 , from a dell inspiron 570

any ideas? i'm so hopelessly lost on this, and googling it didnt help much either, since i tried everything random forums asked to be done.:(

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Do you have another system to try the card and make sure the card has not failed?

I would tend to think you may have fried something on the mb [If the card checks ok in another system] That system [when built] was a low to mid range system as such it is not really up to supporting a high end video card. It is more than just installing a new pw supply; the mb also supplies pw to the card.

BTW you really need to list the exact pw supply that is installed.
    This tells us nothing other than you installed another pw supply.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1089001

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice