PC stuck on boot menu

Topper34

Today I updated my laptop with a bios update . This ended me up on the boot menu where the key instructions were mentioned below. I pressed enter but it refreshed and ended up showing the same thing time and again. Pressing the escape key is also of no use. Plz help... I have so many files on my pc

What's the make & model of the laptop? Were there any power interruptions during the BIOS update? Also, can you clarify what this means, please:
This ended me up on the boot menu where the key instructions were mentioned below.

crjdriver

I have so many files on my pc
First of all, if you have important data, you make backups. Data you do not backup is data you do not care about and you should expect to lose said data at some point in time.
The very first thing I would do would be to copy whatever important files you need. Either pull the drive out and connect it to a working system OR boot the laptop with a linux live usb. Whatever method you use, make at least two copies [on separate media] of important files. Once the data is safe, then we can attempt to fix the system.

Next why exactly did you update the bios? Did the update have some fix you needed?

Topper34

What's the make & model of the laptop? Were there any power interruptions during the BIOS update? Also, can you clarify what this means, please:
I mean you have things like press 'esc'to exit and hit 'enter' to select

Topper34

First of all, if you have important data, you make backups. Data you do not backup is data you do not care about and you should expect to lose said data at some point in time.
The very first thing I would do would be to copy whatever important files you need. Either pull the drive out and connect it to a working system OR boot the laptop with a linux live usb. Whatever method you use, make at least two copies [on separate media] of important files. Once the data is safe, then we can attempt to fix the system.

Next why exactly did you update the bios? Did the update have some fix you needed?
No , actually my keyboard types by itself and on the manufacturer's site I was asked to do a bios update.. And thinking it would fix the problem I attempted this update. But everything was fine until that "boot menu" appeared

crjdriver

Well you still need to do what was posted ie make a backup of whatever is important. Use either method posted above in post #3.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online