1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved PC stuttering even if i have good specs

Discussion in 'Games' started by FragileDRG, Feb 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. FragileDRG

FragileDRG Thread Starter

Windows 10,so lately after i updated my drivers(might be because of that or it may just be a coinsidence)my PC would randomly start lagging and stuttering after playing for some time could be 5 minutes or 20 minutes,my sound would start lagging and same goes for the whole game and PC until i exit out of the game.The game doesnt matter, it could be Leauge of Legends it could be GTA V,but my PC can run the games.As i see it its either some driver that i mentioned or my CPU, but i dont know why i follow the GPU temps and they do not go over 50 and its definetly able to run these games so i dont think its the gpu.And i also realized once i open task manager the second i open my CPU usage is like 50 and it cant be that much for opening the task manager but then it just goes back to 2 or 3 percent like it doesnt want me to see it

Last edited: Feb 23, 2019
  2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Task Manager always produces a 1 sec spike on CPU usage when starting

3. FragileDRG

Oh ok but still that doesn't solve my problem

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Is your Windows 10 up to date? Click on Start button and type 'winver' to see which version of Win 10 you are running.

5. FragileDRG

Yeah it is I updated it yesterday

6. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No one [other than you] has any idea what hardware you are running. Post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact motherboard, exact cpu, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for ALL of your parts.

Have you checked your temps and voltages? If not, do so and post the result here.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!