1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC suddenly stopped recognizing my camera card

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by suebeehoney, Sep 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. suebeehoney

suebeehoney Thread Starter

My PC suddenly stopped recognizing my camera card to download pictures. I tried restarting my computer, which always worked in the past, the few times that I had problems. That didn't work. I tried plugging in my camera straight to the computer, no luck. Tried another card, no luck. Tried a new card reader, one that you can put a variety cards into, no luck. I have Windows 8. Don't know where to go for the "start" section that was used before Windows 8. Anyone out there have any suggestions?
    Forgot to add that when I used the new card reader, something DID pop up. It said it was scanning the card. Then it would say it was finished, and I would click out of it. BUT if it scanned, WHERE would I find the pictures? They were not in my pictures section.

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    The card appears neither in File Explorer nor Disk Management?

Briefly, pressing the <Windows Logo> key will get you to the Start screen, on which you can search for 'most anything and is an implementation of what used to be called All Programs. <Windows Logo> + x will bring up a Quick Access Menu, which includes a lot of useful things like Control Panel, Command Prompt, etc. You might want to take a quick look at my sticky thread at the top of this forum.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!