1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC takes up disk space.

Discussion in 'Games' started by TameTHEgAME, Nov 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TameTHEgAME

TameTHEgAME Thread Starter

HELP ME PLEASE!
    Whenever I download a program or game on the PC I have it takes up space on its own. For example, I downloaded Steam and then Gmod and had some space still on my PC. The next day I checked the disk space went down, and over time it got to the point where I almost ran out! I have tried defragging, dick cleaning, and even CC Cleaner, but it never cleans up space, I just have to get lucky when I roll back my PC. I thought it was the steam app but I found out that it was just from downloading things in general. This issue has caused me so many issues and I'm not sure where to find help!!!

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Everything you download or do will take up some space, there are also automatic things like System Restore, Windows Updates(and other updates), and even temporary internet files that will accumulate quite quickly that happen in the background. Steam games can be huge.

How big is your hard drive and how much free space do you have? Also what version of Windows are you running.

Download something like WinDirStat and see which folders are the biggest. http://www.howtogeek.com/113012/10-best-free-tools-to-analyze-hard-drive-space-on-your-windows-pc/

You can post screenshots of the WinDirStat results.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!