1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC taking too long to start up

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by kumudl, Feb 28, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kumudl

kumudl Thread Starter

Hi,

I am using windows 7 professional. Day before yesterday I was had some problems with my google chrome so I uninstalled it and tried to re-install through internet expolrer but I was unable to install it, after trying for an hour I finally installed chrome. The next day when I started my computer, after everything( I mean boot-up and all) the desktop screen froze and stayed that way for 20-30 minutes and there was a message coming up that internet explorer is not responding, but after the 30 minutes wait everything goes away and my pc works properly. Every time I switch on my pc I have to keep waiting for these 30 minutes. Please help!!!

2. Mark1956

Mark1956

As soon as you switch on the PC start tapping the F8 key until a menu appears, use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select Safe Mode, then hit the Enter key, tell me how long that then takes to complete the boot up process.

3. kumudl

kumudl Thread Starter

its not the boot-up that is causing the problem

4. Mark1956

Mark1956

As part of the diagnosis I wanted you to try in Safe Mode to see if you still have the long wait before everything is working.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!