1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC telling me I've got no free Hard Disk space

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by chinoxl, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. chinoxl

chinoxl Thread Starter

Hi, I have a problem. When I go to look at my hard drive in my computer, it tells me I have 0 bytes of free space left, this is obviously wrong but I don't know what is causing my computer to say it. There are a few other strange things going on as well, can anyone help me?

2. rude

rude

We would be more than happy to help you but with vague info like you have given us,nobody can help.Could give us your System info as well as more specific info about any error messages you may be getting.Also what are the "few other strange things going on as well"

3. chinoxl

chinoxl Thread Starter

Sure, what sort of info do you want to know? I'm running win2k on sp4, 130,612k RAM, only a 12.6gig hdd but I should have more than 1.21mb left....well thats what it says at the moment it changes all the time. I use kazaalite which has not caused any problems so far so I don't think it's anything to do with that, recently I installed e-mule and limewire because kazaa is useless now, but anyway. I'm running Mcafee Antivirus but turned off firewall because it got too annoying with all the popups coming up everytime I went into IE. I don't get any error messages, but things like when I go into outlook and I click to view an e-mail there is nothing in the box below and I cant delete the e-mails. Also sometimes when I go into IE, my page is set to yahoo but when it starts up I only get half a page and the top half is just rubbish like code or something, when I refresh the page it's fine. What else do you want to know? I tried to run hijackthis so I could post you the log but I get an error saying it's not a win32 application or simillar to that.

4. chionardo

chionardo

can someone please help, I'm getting more problems...........theres no history in IE now. This is an example of the stuff I get at the top of the screen at yahoo.

EXP=1084376718/A=2133672/R=0/SIG=11emejbp4/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/btyahoo/splash.html">BT Yahoo! Broadband - Free modem and activation when you order online today

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!