1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC temperature

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Antowns, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Antowns

Antowns Thread Starter

Can someone take a look at this.. are these temperatures normal?

[​IMG]

Sorry if im over reacting a bit but i saw the flame sign and just used my common sense..

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Speedfan is a fine app and I use it however it sometimes gives flaky readings. Check your temps in the bios and post the result.

As you can see from your pic, you have a dual core and speedfan says core1 is @1.17V and core2 is @3.31V not believable.

3. Antowns

Antowns Thread Starter

Ok i'll get back to you, as my PC kept crashing and i was interested as to why. It wasn't as much as it was crashing when running full screen applications such as WoW. It would crash after opening a Firefox window ect.

I've just got to pop to the shops, i'll be back in an hour and i'll do a reading.

thanks alot.

4. Antowns

Antowns Thread Starter

Here are the results;

CPU Temp; 34 degrees / 93F
    System Temp; 36 degrees / 96F

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Those temps are fine.

If you have a high end video card like an 8800 series or 3xxx series, you might want to check its temp also. This is usually displayed in the driver properties.

6. Antowns

Antowns Thread Starter

I have an 8400, Also is it the graphics card that causes a low FPS in a game?

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Yes, that is not a gaming card. It is for general apps, email, web, etc. If you want to play games ie UT3, Crysis, etc you are going to need something like an ati 1950/3850 OR an nvidia 8800 series.

8. Antowns

Antowns Thread Starter

I'm wishing to play World of Warcraft at a better frame rate, when i go in certain areas i get a low frame rate of about 10 FPS and on average i get around 40.. Do you have any recommendations? I don't want to spend lots on a card i may not use to full potential.

9. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You did not post if you need pci-e or agp. This card is pci-e and is not too bad after the rebate it is $139 or so.
    8600GTS

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

One other thing to consider. When you use a higher powered video card, you often have to upgrade the pw supply. If you have a pre-built system ie dell, hp, etc, they almost always come with a pw supply that is just enough for the system as shipped. There is no room for upgrades.

11. Antowns

Antowns Thread Starter

Yeah i replaced the stock PSU with a 650W. I'll buy one of those, yeah it's PCI-E, and thanks btw :)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/666586

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice