PC ticking noise

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jeloa

Hello,

since three days my PC is not turning on nor post, instead it is just making a ticking noise every approx. 3 seconds...see the picture... the red circled one that is the “thing” that is making the ticking noise. Has anybody have an idea what this cable might be ? Or what is causing the problem?

thanks in advance

WhatsApp Image 2019-10-19 at 09.13.14.jpeg

That round thing is a mobo PC speaker.....perfectly normal piece of hardware as most of us have one. That's how you hear your post beep.

As to what the ticking noise is; we can only guess because we can't actually hear the tick noise.

If the sound is coming from the speaker, then it's not the HDD. To me, the sound is coming from the speaker.

Lets check some basics: Power down and pull the side panel off and check all the cabling to make sure its all securely seated. Then do the same for any hardware; GPU, RAM and any add on cards. Then pull the CMOS battery out for 5 minutes and reattach. Then power up and see it will boot.

It's making that noise because your PC isn't posting. As above list your components and general history. Could be a bad power supply, or anything really (I see you're using a Thermaltake smart PSU).

jeloa

sorry for the late answer...
@bassfisher6522 I pulled out the CMOS battery and checked all kabels but it didn't post.
as for the components I am not 100% sure of everything but here is the list:
Motherboard : Gigabyte 1150 GA-Z97M-D3H
CPU : core i7-4700H
GPU: Nividia GTX 970
HDD: Western Digital 500 GB
Power Supply : Themaltake smart SE 530W

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online