1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

pc to lcd

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rob87, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rob87

Rob87 Thread Starter

hi guys ive just recently been out and purchased a vga cable to connect my computer to my 23" goodmans lcd television, but realised i only have one vga port on the back of my dell pc. Now i was wondering if there is some kind of adaptor or something that allows me to have both my pc monitor and my lcd tv plugged into my computer at the same time, as its a pain in the arse having to take the cables out and swap them whenever i want to watch a dvd or video that i have saved on my computer.

Secondly was that in the last few months i have formatted my computer and somehow the graphics card has decided to go unrecognised and i cant get it installed again, and i dont know what graphics card it is either, and i was wondering how to go about reinstalling it etc.

Thanks for the help guys

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
  3. Old Rich

Old Rich

Try Everest . . it will identify many devices even if their drivers are not loaded . . once you know the details of the video card, you can download the drivers for it.

4. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

He has drivers for it, he wants to split the video feed. :confused:

5. Rob87

Rob87 Thread Starter

hehe guys sorry to confuse, i had 2 problems one was the vga and the more difficult problem im finding is whats the matter with my graphics card. Ive got a dell dimension 4700, and ive discovered i have a ati radeon x300 video card, but i dont know what to do next. The problem started when i formatted my computer and reinstalled everything. I then went to install Return to castle wolfenstein online game, and it said i didnt have a graphics card. Hope this clears up my problem

6. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    I think you missed the second paragraph in post #1. :p

7. Old Rich

Old Rich

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I think you're right. :)

9. Rob87

Rob87 Thread Starter

cheers guys, downloaded that everest and found out that i have an ati radeon x300 graphics card and then went to the respective site searched the card and downloaded the appropriate driver for it, thank you so much guys, now back to the online gaming (y)

10. Old Rich

Old Rich

Well done . .

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594497

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice