1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC to LG Plasma HDMI cable No signal

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by citizentrent, Feb 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. citizentrent

citizentrent Thread Starter

I recently purchased an LG - 50" Class 720p Flat-Panel Plasma HDTV
    Model: 50PG20 I am trying to connect it with my pc so that I can watch Netflix streamed vids. My pc specs are

MSI K9AG Neo2-Digital AM2 AMD 690G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz 2 x 512KB L2 Cache Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor

MSI NX8600GTS-T2D256E-OC GeForce 8600 GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card

I purchased 25 ft of hdmi cable, plus 10 ft, with a female female connector between them. The LG doesn't have much info other than it should be plug and play. The correct hdmi setting is selected on the tv, it says "no signal" I have tried to switch to dual monitor, I downloaded/installed Powerstrip 3.8 it comes up as LG TV in the ATI I read some infor here http://www.engadgethd.com/2006/02/08/how-to-connect-your-pc-to-your-hdtv/ which was useful, I have also read a posts here but nothing about LG. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    does your display properties show 2 monitors?

3. citizentrent

Yes, in the ATI catalyst control center. it will have my monitor and the LG displayed when the tv is plugged in. I set my monitor as 1 and the LG as 2. I also downloaded and tried to use powerstrip which is pretty in depth. oh and i set the screens as clones. still no signal

4. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

Have you tried cycling through the different inputs of the TV for a signal?

5. citizentrent

yes, the only time the hdmi input show up is when it is plugged in. So there is no way to miss it. I did try connecting the cord to the other hmdi inputs, still no signal.

6. RootbeaR

RootbeaR

I noticed a couple of other threads mentioning similar. Seems only wants to run one or the other, not both.

Try setting it up with tv as only output.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!