PC to PC

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tommyp1217

I currently have two PCs. Unfortuately one will not boot up. Before I run the recovery disc on the PC that is not working properly is it possibly to link the pcs so that I can acces the hard drive from the working computer or is it best to remove the drive and install it in the good pc. I am running windows xp on the working computer.

tommyp1217 said:
I currently have two PCs. Unfortuately one will not boot up. Before I run the recovery disc on the PC that is not working properly is it possibly to link the pcs so that I can acces the hard drive from the working computer or is it best to remove the drive and install it in the good pc. I am running windows xp on the working computer.
1. no, you cannot "link" a working PC to a non-working PC
2. yes, you can install the drive as a slave in the working PC, however depending on the file system used on each PC, windowsXP may not be able to access it.

But before you even worry about doing that, why not try and get the bad PC to boot, you treat it as a lost cause... what caused it not to boot up? and how far in the boot process does it get? if it POSTS, then can you boot in safe mode and run system restore?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online