PC to Projector

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

erineb

I’m using windows 10 on my cyber power gaming PC. I recently bought a projector and I am trying to connect it to my PC through HDMI. So far it’s been saying “No signal” when I plug in the HDMI cord from the back of the pc to the HDMI 1 slot on the projector. (I made sure the source said HDMI 1 on my projector). I thought the issue was with the top port on the back of my projector (connected to motherboard) so then I detached my cable that goes from the HDMI port connected to my GPU from my PC’s monitor and instead plugged in the HDMI cable that came with my projector in that port and I got signal! However , since my Pc’s monitor wasn’t connect I got no signal on that. So I realized it was only one or the other from the GPU HDMI port so I bought an HDMI Splitter from amazon but now neither of them work...

Couriant

James
To confirm, you have a desktop that has an onboard HDMI port, and also you have a dedicated video card that also has HDMI port? It sounds like the onboard one may be disabled.

Please use the TSG System Information Tool so we can get some basic information on your computer specifications.

erineb

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20190803235320.000000-360
Processor: AMD Ryzen 3 2300X Quad-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 8 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 560 Series
Hard Drives: C: 930 GB (820 GB Free);
Motherboard: ASRock A320M-HDV R4.0, s/n M80-C5017501557
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

I saw somewhere online that you have to enable to monitors in the bios or something to enable the motherboard HDMI... I also just bought a Display port to HDMI. So now I have an HDMI splitter (3 inputs), Display Port to HDMI cable (Still coming in the mail), and 3 HDMI cables

Couriant

James
What splitter do you have?

As to the computer, your video card has HDMI and DisplayPort so you will get the 2 monitors. Some boards may not allow both the onboard and dedicated cards, but you are correct. By default, the onboard video is disabled if you have an dedicated card.

Check the BIOS settings to enable the onboard one. This video has the information.

erineb

Amazon Basics Splitter with 3 HDMI ports.

Ok I will try fixing the onboard one right now.

Attachments

Couriant

James
Did you change the boot type from UEFI to Legacy (or vice versa)? If so, switch that back.

if not, look for something like Restore to Factory Settings

plodr

Liz
and messed around with some other settings
For the future, anytime you change settings write down the current settings then also write down what you changed a setting to. That way, you can undo a mistake.
I also never change lots of settings at a time. I do one or two, reboot and test the computer using it for awhile before I do more tinkering.

erineb

So right now I keep getting the blue screen and there are no options for me to click and I can’t get into the BIOS even if I spam F2. I think my keyboard doesn’t start until after the option to press F2 is gone and I see the blue screen again because I put ultra fast start or something like that in the BIOS. I contacted Microsoft support and they said I need to try using a bootable usb so I downloaded windows on there and plugged it into my pc but nothing happened...they said if the keyboard isn’t responding I need to contact the manufacturers of my motherboard. Sometimes I can get into the login screen but after I put in my pin it loads and I get the blue screen again. I’m not sure what I should do. I don’t want to spend money on someone to repair it but I’m not sure what else I can do.

erineb

Does anyone know what I should do? The USB thing didn’t pop up. Is there a way to factory reset the computer I really don’t care if I lose all the information on there I just want it to start again...

Attachments

erineb

Guys I figured it out! I just had to remove the front case cover and unplug a wire to make it boot up slower so that I could get into the Bios

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online