Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC to TV Connection - Help Please

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  jaymanson 
#1 ·
Hi,

I hope someone can through somelight onto this for me. I've tried neally everything and searched the internet but with no end result.

I have a P4 3.2 ghz, 512 mb RAM and a ATI Radeon 9550 256mb agp graphics card with a S-Video connection on it running XP. I want to connect it to my LG RZ20LA70 LCD screen, but when I do this via the S-Video connection the picture is very unclear and I cannot read any text. I have tried changing the resolution on the PC but this did not help either.

I read an article on the internet that said I could change the properties of the Graphics Card in the Display settings of the Control Panel that would allow me to set the Output to TV but I cannot seem to find this option.

If anyone could shed some light on this I would be very grateful.

TIA

#3 ·
I've never seen good results when connecting a PC or laptop to TV via S-Video. I've tried connecting to a HD LCD and a standard TV. Both produced sub-standard results.

But I did connect my PC to my LCD via DVI/VGA with good results and via DVI/HDMI with better results.

If your TV and video card are cable of those digital connections, that is a much better route than S-Video.

#4 ·
Hi,

Your LG LCD only has a resolution of 640 x 480 (see specs here) so if you are trying to feed it even a 800 x 600 picture then yes, it is going to look unclear.

You should normally be able to access your video settings by right clicking on your desktop > select Properties > click the Settings tab > hit the Advanced button.

I personally have a 32" widescreen as my second monitor, but I only use that for gaming and movies which it diplays beautifully - even matching the output resolution to what it can display still doesn't look great for normal PC viewing however, so I stick to my monitor for that side of it. I'd suggest you use your LG in the same way. :)

Hope this helps :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.