1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC to TV display set up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by milia, Feb 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. milia

milia Thread Starter

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi milia, and welcome to TSG.

If the top left and bottom right pictures show all of the input connectors available on the TV, then none of them will work with the signals on 15 VGA video connector in the bottom left picture.

What is the gray adapter in the upper right picture?

3. trogdo

trogdo

DVI-I to VGA adapter most likely. What is the exact model of the TV?

4. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    You sure there isn't any more ports on the TV? The labels on the picture of the TV say HDMI Audio in so that would imply there is an HDMI port. If you have HDMI on the TV then you can use a DVI to HDMI cable unless the computer has HDMI ports as well, hard to tell with the pictures you provided. What is the exact model of the TV?

5. milia

milia Thread Starter

cwwozniak: This is the cable pictured on the TV manual

http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wc...uide-_-Middle-_-How+to+Connect+a+PC+to+the+TV

I took pictures of both sides of the adapter on the top row here: http://mikaristar.deviantart.com/art/Technological-Chaos-2-515089931 another adapter I have in in the secon row and the NVIDIA is on the bottom.

trogdo & Triple6: Panasonic Viera

Triple6: It sayd HDMI but the ports on the picture are the only ones it has. I think it's supposed to mean that it's compatible with the signal HDMI uses? There's nothing else on the TV.

6. milia

milia Thread Starter

Is it possible to get a program that replaces the converter?

7. plodr

plodr

First Name:
    Liz
  8. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  9. milia

milia Thread Starter

I can't find an hdmi on the tv, just a label, plus I'd need a new cable anyway. Though if an hdmi did exist I'd still like to know where they hid it.

Is there anything else I can try with what I have? I heard that plugging the red green blue into the yellow red white might work, but I don't know about where to put each color.

This is the back of the TV http://mikaristar.deviantart.com/art/Tv-Model-515165143

The tv is supposed to take digital, it takes digital from a the cable plug in the middle (not pictured) it was replaced back when the analog signals were discontinued.

10. milia

milia Thread Starter

Found the elusive hdmis! Dad had put black plastic tape over them back when he gave me the TV because he didn't know what they were and didn't want them collecting dust, so they were completely invisible. Not that it solves much because I don't have that cable. I'll have to try again after a trip to the store.

11. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    If the computer has a DVI-I and/or a DVI-D output connector. Then you could use a simple DVI-D Male to HDMI Female adapter, like this one, and a common Male to Male HDMI cable to make the video connection from the computer to the TV. The other option would be to use a DVI-D Male to HDMI Male cable, like this one, for the Computer to TV connection.

In either case, the connection would be only for the video. You would probably need a cable like this one, for the audio.

NOTE: The above links are only to provide examples of the type of product needed and are not a recommendation or endorsement of a particular product, manufacturer, or seller.

12. milia

milia Thread Starter

Ok, I'll see what I can find. I don't mind the lack of sound since I'll be using headphones anyone and both the tv & pc have the standard thin pink plug. I'm mostly going to use this to run Steam. thanks

13. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Some videos cards can send audio through DVI as well.

FYI, this is why we asked for the model number of the TV, if you can find it and post it now we can give you links to the manual and specs. Vierra is just a series. The model number will be printed on the back of the TV.

14. cwwozniak

First Name:
    Chuck
    The photo link in post #9 shows it as a model TC-32LX70.

An Adobe Acrobat(R) PDF file of the operating instructions manual can be found at:
    http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/TC26LX70.pdf

15. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Missed that all together.

So it has two HDMI ports.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143347

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice