1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC to TV

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by SirJewelsCole, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SirJewelsCole

SirJewelsCole Thread Starter

How can I connect my pc to the tv for viewing my monitor in a larger size, watching movies, photo albums. I am not looking to purchase software, but to configure my video card etc. I already have a svideo cable and know where it goes. I am running XP Pro and have a NVIDIA GForce2 that has been fully updated. A friend of mine simply plugged in his cable and made a selection for "TV" on his card and wala, that was it. Mine does not seem to be so easy. Any help?Thanks, Sir Jewels Cole

2. cammi

cammi

what do you mean by that? what happens when you plug it all together? (other than it doesnt work)

3. SirJewelsCole

SirJewelsCole Thread Starter

so what your saying is that it should just simply work?..... I have read all sorts of stuff about configuring my vid card and setting it to read dual monitors. To answer your question.... I dont know if it works or not , I havent actually tried it yet. PC's are just too dammed finiky to just assume without finding out exactaly what Im doing. So are you able to answer my quetion?

4. RSM123

RSM123

Just been looking for a site with a tutorial on that I came across some time ago however it seems to be down. You might nevertheless read this explanation for setup on GeForce Ti and GeForce 4 Cards as the interfaces for doing the job are very similar :

http://www.digit-life.com/articles2/gf4/geforce4-tv-out.html

5. michael_jii

michael_jii

you should have it on you AV channel on you TV

6. raybro

raybro

The problem could be at either end. First you must be sure your TV is set on the proper input source. Mine is called AUX (auxilliary) input. On my system the "S" cable must be connected at both ends and the TV on and set to the input cahnnel before I can select the TV out of the video card to activate it. My vid card is an ATI Radeon 7500 64mb AGP. The soft that came with the card has it's own control panel for this function.

HTH :D

7. Fredledingue

Fredledingue

I have an Asus/NVidia card: I can choose only TV or monitor, not both at the same time.
    Make sure the s-video cable is fully plugged in. (one day I thought I had a porblem with the drivers or something, because I didn't plug it properly :( )
    On the TV remote press "input select" and select "S" (now it can look different on your TV, but the point is that you have to select the S-video in, it's not a chanel, it's another input source)
    Select "TV" on the nvida settings.
    That's all.

8. raybro

raybro

Just thought I would mention a couple of other things FYI.

The picture quality on the TV is not the greatest. I have seen a number of comments regarding this, so I don't think it's a function of my video card or TV. I'm guessing the larger the TV screen, the more noticable this would be. My TV is a 51" Panasonic widescreen Projection TV. It's sorta OK for games, but if you are looking a printed characters, they seem somewhat fuzzy or out of focus.

Also, be aware the "S" video feed is just that... Video only. You must connect audio cables to the TV in order to get sound.

HTH :D :cool:

9. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Don't discount the Digital Right limitations, most DVD players won't run if the TV-Out is selected to keep you from copying the movie that's playing. (n) Yep, I know, it's a pain, but that's one issue you'll face.

10. raybro

raybro

Man... those Digital Rights guys guys are really gettin testy. You'd think I got the freakin DVD free. :rolleyes:

Never tried that. maybe I'll give it a go just for the nuts of it. :D

11. mattbro75

mattbro75

What is the name of the cord that is used to connect the computer and TV?

12. raybro

raybro

I purchased a composite cord from an electronics speciaty wholesale outlet. It has an "S" video connection and two RCA audio jacks at each end. I also purchased an RCA to mini stero "Y" adapter so I could connect to the audio putput on the PC. The same type of composite cable is available at Circuit City, but the longest length was to short for my particular need. My PC is about 25' away from my TV. I do not remember exactly what the cable was called.

Since I have cordless keyboard, mose and joystick, I thought it would be fun to use it for games. It's OK, but as I said previously, the picture quailty leaves something to be desired. Frankely, I've not used it much since I got it. :rolleyes: :D

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167920

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice