PC to XBOX connection

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bound4h

Ok this is my current setup:

I have a CAT5 cable from my 1394 ethernet port from my motherboard going to my Linksys router, which is going to my dsl modem, which is going to the wall.

Now, my computer is in another part of the house where I want my xbox as well. My router is opposite my computer, so running a CAT5 from the router to the XBOX is out of the question. Although I have done it, and it works and I can find it on the network and everything.

My question:

Can I somehow hook my XBOX to my PC with one CAT5 cable (crossover or no?)? I don't necessarily need the internet, just the networking ability. I think I still have a Linksys PCI Ethernet card installed (which I am not using), so will hooking my XBOX to that using a crossover cable work? If so, what settings will I need?

Thanks guys and let me know if any of this doesn't make sense.

Mike

Should work all right with a cross-over cable - just network the two together as though they were both PCs and make sure the internet connection is shared. In XP's Help and Support section, read up about ICS.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online