pc tower

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

noterom

win98se. have seen a diagram and instructions somewhere on how to
open and clean inside PC tower (safely) anyone point me in
the right direction please?
noterom.:confused: :confused:

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Each case has a different way of getting inside of it.

Once it's open, don't touch the interior components unless you're grounded. Personally, I wear a pair of rubber surgical gloves.

Use a can of compressed air that's designed for blowing the dust, hair, etc. out of the case. Don't use blasts of more than a few seconds, or else you risk getting condensation on the components.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Correct flavallee,note the surgical gloves!-me too.I use a very soft new paintbrush kept
especially for this-do not use a vaccume cleaner or air gun.Before entry touch the metal
case often to discharge your static & don't touch any components directly.If you are
fortunate there'll be 1 or 2 thumbscrews on the back of case,which will slide off towards the
rear.Mark case with tape on one corner to assist reassembly.

noterom

hi, just the thing i was looking for,will get on with it now.
many thank's guy's.
noterom.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Cracking open a case to clean it out is also a good time to add more RAM - if that computer needs it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online