1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc turn on and immediately turn off after 2 seconds(with external gpu)

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by barikolkol, May 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. barikolkol

barikolkol Thread Starter

HI TO ALL:
    im having a problem with my pc that i mostly used..heres the situation :
    my pc is working fine suddenly 1 day it slows and slightly hanging so i restarted it after restart problem occurs it powers on(all running: fans,hdd,dvd rom,cpu fan)then after 2 seconds it goes off automatically.so then i open the case and reseated all components(i know some basic troubleshooting) i tried to power on again and same things happen turn off after 2 seconds. i remove the gpu and connect my monitor to the onboard, so it starts finally and get me to "loading windows "then it go black screen, i restart it again by pressing the restart button and i boot trough enable vga mode by pressing f8.then it boots and it loads the windows and i can use it normally only on vga mode..so i downloaded the latest driver of my gpu's onboard and external.i uninstalled the drivers through vga mode then restart,again loading windows then black screen,restart againd and boot through vga mode install the updated drivers then reboot,loading windows then black screen with some pixelate flickering cursor on screen. (to make it short it only boots on enable vga mode..then i go replacing my psu with working from another pc and same thing happened..so then i reformat my pc and didnt installed any gpu including the onboard i disabled it..and its working fine with that..

note* with my external gpu installed it goes off after 2 seconds it power on.
    with my onboard gpu enabled it gives black screen after loading.
    i also tried the other working external gpus and samething happens..
    WORKING NORMALLY WITHOUT EXTERNAL GPU AND DISABLED ONBOARD GPU.
    --so maybe its my mobo is bad suspecting my pci slot section..anybody can help me ??2 days trying to fix but still i cant..thanks in advance..

2. Sponsor

3. black-wolf

black-wolf

Welcome to the forums barikolkol.
    Please post your system specs ncluding what OS you are running. If a big box PC name of manufacturer and model #. If home built list components. Or you can use this http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

4. barikolkol

thanks sir heres the specs..
    CPU : AMD ATHLON II X2 240 PROCESSOR
    2813MHZ L2 CACHE 2048KB 32BIT
    MAINBOARD; EMX-MCP61M-iCAFE BY EMAXX TECH. INC.
    MEMORY MODULE: BANK1 2048MB DIMM
    PSU: 550 W

5. black-wolf

black-wolf

6. barikolkol

heres the ss sir black-wolf [​IMG]

7. black-wolf

black-wolf

Your 12V is showing 6.69V. Go into the bios and look at your 12V reading there. You should be able to hit the delete key repeatedly when booting to get to the bios.

Do you have another power supply you can test with?
    Do you have access to another computer to try your video card in?

8. barikolkol

i already did replacing the psu with other 1 from my working pc same things happend also i did try using other ghrapic card from other pc same things happen. its just that if my onboard gpu is installed after loading windows it stuck at black screen,and if i put my pcie ghrapic into its slot it goes off for 2 seconds or sometimes it doesnt boot..(its working gpu)..thanks for giving me your time answering sir.

its showing 12v + on my bios sir..

9. black-wolf

black-wolf

I would say the mobo is bad.

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

When I check the specs on your mb, it shows an am2 socket support. Your cpu is am3. Are you sure your mb in fact supports am3 cpus? Some am2/am2+ boards do support am3 with a bios update however I cannot find any cpu support page for that mb.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1054900