PC turns on and off several times in a row

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Alexkrabb

My MSI laptop won´t turn on.
When i push the power button, the pc turns on, then off again after a few seconds. My charger icon shows that it has battery. It worked before after a few on and offs, but not anymore.

crjdriver

In order to assist you, you need to post a LOT more info;
1 msi makes a lot of laptops; post the exact model#
2 Are you able to enter the bios?
3 Is the restart occurring when windows boots or during POST?

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
My charger icon shows that it has battery. It worked before after a few on and offs, but not anymore.
How long as it required a number of on and off cycles before loading windows

Has any error message been displayed during the time it has had this fault

If the laptop has a removable battery - I mean the main power battery, then if you have not already done so, remove the battery and see if it will boot on AC power only.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online