1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Turns on BUT my screen is still black/blank?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kieron77, Mar 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kieron77

kieron77 Thread Starter

Hi guys,

Basically as the title suggests, when I turn on my PC it powers up, I hear fans spinning yet my screen will stay black. To add to this when it stays blank my keyboard also does not light up.

So far the only way for me to access my PC is to turn it off and on a few times, usually including completely disconnecting it from the power for a short while.

PC Specs:

Windows 7 Ultimate (64bit)
    AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor
    GeForce GTX 760
    8.00 GB RAM
    PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610 EPS12V 610W Power Supply

Rocca ISKU Illuminated Gaming Keyboard
    Rocca XTD Gaming Mouse
    (First time having a gaming mouse/keyboard so I was not sure if maybe they caused problems, sucked extra power etc..)

I'm not too experienced with the ins and outs of computers but all I can think is maybe my PSU is not giving enough power (though I get no warning beeps), my Keyboard might be the issue? I hope you guys can help. I've thought, maybe do I need to update the BIOS? If so how do I do that?

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Is this a new build that will not post or has it been running then developed a problem?

Have you tried disconnecting ALL drives [both hd and optical] removing any usb device ie printer, scanner, hub, etc and then pw ON? See if the mb will reliably complete POST. If it does complete post a few times, then start connecting devices one at a time until you find the failed part. If it does not complete POST in the above config, then you will need to start swapping parts with known good units; start with the pw supply.

Next post ALL of your exact system specs; ie exact mb installed, exact ram installed, etc. Note 8gig of ram does not really tell us much; 8gig of corsair 123xxx, tells us a lot more.

If you can get the system to post, enter the bios or uefi and post the following info; cpu temp, system temp, 12V, 5V, and 3.3V values.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1121339

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice