PC turns on but no display

HeavenlyRa

Hello. I am new here because this problem just started occuring today.

I unhooked my PC from everything, including my monitors, to do some general cleaning about the machine. It's much easier to do with it lying on its side than standing up in the corner of my room. After completing that, I placed it back in said corner, re-hooked everything back to my PC (the usual USB stuff like mouse, keyboard, etc as well as DVI cables from my monitors to my PC). Now, when I pressed the power button, all the LED lights inside turn on, all the fans turn on, but I do not see anything on my monitors. My GPU fans don't turn on as hard as they used to - so could this be a GPU issue? The fans still turn on. I've tried re-hooking up my GPU and monitors with the DVI cables several times to no avail. I just want my computer to work!

Hardware:
CPU: AMD FX-8350
Motherboard: Gigabyte ga-990fxa-ud5
RAM: 16 GB of Corsair Vengeance and 8 GB of Kingston memory = 24 GB of memory (I even tried reseating the RAM)
GPU: AMD Radeon R9 290
PSU: EVGA Supernova 750W
1 SSD and 1 HDD plugged in via SATA

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is there some way to make sure I know my GPU or MB aren't dead?

First Name
Liz
Perhaps when you turned it on its side, something dislodged.
Open up the case, remove and reseat your graphics card and the cables.
Make sure all the other cards and cables inside are securely fastened.

crjdriver

The above is good advise. You could easily have had a connector, card, etc move. Those are pretty old parts so it would not surprise me that you have or had some oxidation on one or more part or parts/connections.
When you remove the video card, there is a latch that must be depressed in order to remove the card. Do not just yank it out; you will break the board/card.

I had one of those gigabyte boards many years ago; very nice board for an AM3+ Good onboard sound, good overclocker.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online