Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC turns on with fans but nothing else

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  crjdriver 
#1 ·
Brand new, 3-day old gaming PC won't boot up, fans turn on and aesthetic lights on motherboard turn on but nothing else. No power to keyboard and mouse and no signal to the monitor. There are no flashing lights or any beeps whilst trying to start up the computer. Just before it happend I was playing a game the computer completely froze so the only way I could turn it off was by holding down the power button. Come back to the PC an hour later and it starts up as normal but takes me to a error screen first saying something about not shutting down properly, it lets me to continue with the start up and after a minuet the screen went blank and now nothing but the fans will work.

#2 ·
In order to help you, you need to post a LOT more info. Post the following; exact motherboard, exact cpu, exact video card, exact pw supply, etc, etc. Do not post "500W pw supply" Post the exact brand and model# Do that for all of your parts. If by chance this is a big box system ie dell, hp, whatever, post the exact brand, model# and service tag#
New Brand new, 3-day old gaming PC
If this is a big box system, have you contacted the seller?

#4 ·
OK, the very first thing that just jumps out at me is the VS pw supply. That is the lowest end corsair and it is NOT intended for anything other than very basic use ie onboard video, running office, etc; NOT gaming. Running that pw supply with a real video card is really asking for a problem.
Since the system ran for a few days, your mounting of the motherboard, pw connections, etc should have been ok. I would start by swapping in a quality pw supply for testing. Since your processor has onchip video, pull the video card out and connect the monitor to the onboard port on the motherboard.

#5 ·
Just an observation however that is far from a gaming system. Asus makes some fine motherboards however that one is one of the low end boards using the very basic h310 chipset. The processor is a dual core not a quad or 8core cpu, the pw supply is for a very basic system. There is a LOT more to a gaming system than just installing a video card. A system designed for gaming will have a high end asus, gigabyte, or asrock motherboard using the performance Z370 chipset, steel pci video slots, heavy duty pw regulation, extra cooling. There is a reason why high end boards cost $200 or more and the board you are using is $84 at newegg. The high end boards are designed for gaming/overclocking or other stressful use.
The pw supply will be a high end corsair or seasonic, the processor a high end intel. The case will have good airflow and provisions for water cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.