1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC uild feedback and help please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by coldfreek, Mar 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coldfreek

coldfreek Thread Starter

So I've started choosing my first PC parts. I just wanted some advice on what parts to choose, and feedback or change suggestions of the hardware I've already chosen.
    Parts I'm thinking of buying:

Graphics card: GTX 970 Gigabyte 1G
    Case: NZXT Phantom 410
    Processor: Intel i7-4790
    Cooling: Nanoxia Deep Silence 120mm Ultra-Quiet
    Hard Drive: Western Digital Blue WD10EZEX 1TB

So I still need some more parts obviously, and it would be great if you guys could suggest a motherboard, RAM and a power supply that are compatible with all this stuff (or with anything you suggest)
    Also, could someone tell me what performance I can expect from this when playing games?
    Thanks-

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

I assume you intend to play games with this system.

First thing I see is the WD blue drive. The blue series is not a performance hd; if you have to have a mech hd, then go with a black series drive OR a raptor drive. A much better option would be a ssd drive for the system drive and a WD black drive for backups, data, etc.

As for a mb, I use either asus or gigabyte boards; either one with the z97 chipset will be fine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145435

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice