PC unable to boot, keeps rebooting then shuts off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

leonistic

Hi guys,

Really hope you guys can help me with the problem that I'm having right now.

It was all normal one day when my computer suddenly froze up and I had to do a reset. However, It briefly went into this BIOS sort of page and started updating BIOS which failed.

Ever since, whenever I try switching on the power the fans inside as well as the LED lights comes on, then it automatically did the same thing, power went off, den power comes back on with fans spinning along with LED lights, then off again.

I have seriously no idea what to do right now and I can't even bring it to my motherboard's manufacturer to see what's wrong because my warranty happened to expire a week ago.

Much appreciated for any help that you guys may give.

Yours sincerely,
Jan

First Name
Jay
Please post your system specs, To include Make and model System if Big Box, or same info for the following if custom or home built, Mother Board (including Revision number), Processor (Exact Model Number), Ram, Video Card, Hdd(s), Optical Drive(s), Power Supply Manufacturer Model, Wattage and Amperage on the +12V Rails, OS, and any other peripherals installed on the motherboard.

leonistic

Intel Core2Duo E6300 (1.8Ghz)
Gigabyte S-Series 965P-DS3P (rev. 2.0)
Kingston 2GB RAM DDR2 667, Palit GeForce 9600GT 512MB, 320GB HDD
XIGMATEK Balder SD1283 CPU cooler
CM RS-430PCAR 430W

Running on Windows 7 32bit

First Name
Jay
You might think about swapping in a Known Good Power Supply and see if that helps.

leonistic

I had the same thought initially, but it did not give me any problems until the day before yesterday. Everything was normal then..

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online