Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

PC unexpectedly shuts down during or after boot.

694 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  tehdansorz 
#1 ·
I've had these issues before with this PC, but this time I have no idea how to fix it. Booting into safe mode does not work anymore, as it does the same while loading; crashes. I can only access the BIOS menu safely. I don't have any CDs here either. Please help!

#3 ·
If it will let you, please download http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe so we can see your specs. Also

Minitoolbox log
Download MiniToolBox and save the file to the Desktop.
Close the browser and run the tool, check the following options:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices (Only Problems)
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size
  • List Restore Points

Click on Go.

Post the resulting log in your next reply.

This will show us any errors that might be occuring.

#5 ·
OK, if you can tell us what kind of computer it is Brand/Model number. Or if it's a custom Motherboard, processor, RAM, Operating system and also you haven't said much about what problems you're having. All that will help us help you. Are there BSOD, error messages?

#6 ·
Okay, going to explain this properly. This PC is quite old, barely survives running XP. It's sporting an Intel Pentium 4 at 3.04GHz. The MB is Intel D101GGC version AAD35788-310. I don't really remember how much RAM this thing's got, but it's around 512/1024MB.
It just switches off while booting or a couple of seconds after boot into the main OS, but the mini OS I got from the CD works pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.