1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc USB ports and Display not working rest all operational

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fabianb12, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Fabianb12

Fabianb12 Thread Starter

I recently got a new power supply because my old one fried in a power surge I got a rm 850x now and it booted my computer all good except from no display to monitors and no USB ports working could it be my MoBo? Has it fried or messed up I tried cmos and cleaning parts but nothing fully starts besides those two problems before I got a new psu my computer would not start period but it gave enough juice for my mobo light to stay on but is it my mobo? Please help

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

No one can give you a definitive answer; after a pw surge, you need to test each part in a bench or test system. A surge can take out just about any part or parts so each one ie motherboard, ram, processor, etc, etc need to be tested.
    Since we have no idea what hardware you are running, it would really help if your posted ALL of your exact system specs.
    Next you can attempt an out of case build with just the board, ram, and using onchip video [again we have no idea IF you have onchip video] See if the board will POST. There are detailed instructions for doing an out of case build in the guide for problem builds at the top of the hw forum.

3. Fabianb12

Fabianb12 Thread Starter

GPU: GeForceĀ® GTX 1080 Ti 11GB GDDR5X (Pascal)[VR Ready] (Single Card)

CPU: I7 8700k

Motherboard: CyberpowerPC Z370 SLI Xtreme ATX w/ RGB, 802.11ac WiFi, USB 3.1, 2 PCIe x16, 4 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe [Intel Optane Ready]

Power supply: Corsair RM 850X

HDD: 240GB WD Green Series

HDD2: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Plus 32GB Intel Optane Memory HDD Acceleration 24X Faster (Secondary Storage Drive))

FAN: CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 120mm ARGB CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (Intel)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235355

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice