1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Virus, Help!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by skippy25666, Apr 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skippy25666

skippy25666 Thread Starter

Earlier on my PC I attempted to watch a video, and was given a pop-up requesting I downloaded the latest flash software to view it. Long story short, I went through with what I believed was Flash's download, and after it finished my PC switched off. I've tried various times now to turn it back on, and nothing's happening. I tried running windows normally, and got as far as the Windows logo before there was a flash of the blue screen before it turned off and re-booted itself back to the begining. Safe Mode pretty much does the same, although restarts right after selecting Safe Mode. I've tried all the options on the screen, and none of them are allowing me to load my PC. I understand this will no doubt be the work of a virus from the earlier download (school-boy error, can't believe I fell for it!) But I really need my PC back! Any way to get it working again without loosing all my files in the process? Please help!!

(I'm sure Windows XP might I add.)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice