1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc/Vista Freezes After Clean Install

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by eggyegg123, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eggyegg123

eggyegg123 Thread Starter

Hello :)
    I have tried toubleshooting this problem my self with no sucsess, have tried taking computer to pc outlett to fix(they just formatted it and cbf seeing if it acually worked) with about the same luck, so hopefull there will be a smart puppy out there somewhere :D
    I have run Vista home premium 32bit for a while, but now have decided to upgrade my pc with
    Mother- Gigabyte Ga-EP45-DS3R
    CPU- Intel Core 2 Quad Core 2.83gHz
    GPU- ATI-HD4870X2 2Gb Pci-E
    MEM- Corsair 4GB kit Twin2x4096-8500c5df w/fan
    HDD- Samsung SATA2 160GB
    Pwr- Thermal Take "tough power" 750watt
    Case- Antec 900 Gaming Case

And heres the Problem:
    I Installed XP first(i have vista upgrade) then installed Vista Flawlessly.
    After about 20min of installing drivers ect it froze.Lost Power to USB devices and had to restart.
    This happend once or twice more, then worked for the rest of the night.
    I updated all Vista and drivers.
    Even played "crysis" with all graph settings on very high without a problem.
    Next day it began to freeze every time i booted windows(within 1-5min of seeing vista GUI)
    It also restarted it self 1-2 times after seeing motherboard image on boot up. Then froze just before "verifying DMI pool Data".But after another restart, ran thru to windows and froze again.
    I formatted it and took off "raid 0" wich i was running.
    Strang thing was it did its usal freeze 1-2 times then ran perfectly that night.But next day surpirse suprise now does one of the two freezes mentioned above every time.
    Cleared cmos then it worked, for 1 night...then same prob, didnt think of it then but later cleared again and worked again.Could this be the issue?
    I have tried using UBCD(ultimate boot cd) and Memtest86, but am presented the error "could not find kernal image:linux" thru some trouble shooting ive found this error could be to do with the motherboard.
    i believe the key symtons are:
    1.Reseting itself pre windows, after Mother board image.
    2.Freezing just before Verifying DMI pool Data
    3.Losing power to USB devices when frozen.
    4.Time where it is error free to just end up freezing again.
    5. Clearing cmos grants temp functionality
    After more freezing, tested diff memory, same prob, reset cmos and works, just like before

I am Completely Stumped, Any Help would be much Apreciated
    Thanks in advance Michael

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/753986

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice