1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Pc went black then wont boot anymore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Axiash, Sep 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Axiash

Axiash Thread Starter

Hi! So was using my computer a few hours ago. I accidentaly hit the front of my cpu(near power button) then the screen went black. The fan is running and the mouse's led is still on. I paniced so i hard pressed the power button to turn it off. Then i tried to power it on again but it wont boot. Fans and leds are running but the cpu wont boot. I tried turning off my pc again with the power button but it wont turn off anymore. I tried discharging the cpu by removing the power cord and hit the power button for 30 secs but it doesnt work. I was thinking if it's the RAM, so i removed it it move it to the other slot, still doesnt work. I removed the RAM and powered on the cpu but there is no long continous beep from the cpu. Does it mean that my motherboard ia dead? Or it could be some other problem?

2. austinpinto

austinpinto

hi.
    try the following in order.
    1. remove all the front connectors such as power button reset, audio connectors and leds and fix them back.
    2. remove the connectors that come from the powersuply to the motherboard and reconnect.
    3. remove ram and hard drive and dvd drive and boot and see if your screen starts.
    also try reconnecting your screen to your pc.

3. Axiash

Axiash Thread Starter

Tried it but still doesnt work.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1216792

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice