PC Will not boot to Bios - LONG BEEP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

modotcom

I need some help!! My pc will power up but will not POST. The fan comes on and then I get a long beep (4 sec) followed by a pause (2 sec) then it repeats that continously and nothing appears on the monitor. This problem just started out of the blue - I was using a program (MediaShout) and the program froze up - so when I rebooted - this started. Nothing will display on the screen. I checked with Phoenix Bios - and there was no beep code that matched. Some other forums said it might be a memory error - I reseated the memory and still get the problem. HELP!!!

Here is what I have:

ABIT BD7II-RAID MOBO
PHOENIX D686 BIOS
PENT 4 CPU
DDR 266 RAM 512 MB (2)
STARLOGIC 300W POWER SUPPLY
VISIONTEK NV996.0 VIDEO CARD
MAXTOR D740X-6L HARD DRIVE

Try removing and reseating your video card, or try a different card if you have one (anything at all - like an old PCI card or the motherboard's onboard video if applicable).

Might be an idea to go through the whole system and disconnect / reconnect all of the major components, data and power cables to eliminate the obvious stuff.

Then you need to start trying any spare (good condition and compatible) hardware you have like keyboard, power supply etc.

modotcom

Ok - I checked the video card and it works good. All the cables look good as well.

So......any other suggestions? When I power up - all it will do is beep like I described and nothing comes to the screen.

Thanks!

Those beeps are always ram or video so if you are convinced video is OK, ram is next.

Rich-M said:
Those beeps are always ram or video so if you are convinced video is OK, ram is next.
Yep, I agree.
Since you got 2 ram modules, remove and only use one at a time.
Still beepedy boop ?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online