1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

PC Will Not Boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Metaphoric, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Metaphoric

Metaphoric Thread Starter

I use my PC a lot, its on 24 hours a day, and there has not been any problems with it recently (i built it so i know it in and out)

Today I was playing a PC game and then suddenly the PC hung and i couldnt do anything, not even move the mouse pointer etc. So i hit the restart button and nothing happened. I had to switch the PSU off and on to switch the PC off, but now the PC will not boot.

When i switch it on the USB peripherals flash (light on mouse and keyboard) but then all switch off straight away, the monitor stays as if there is no input from the PC, the Hard Drive access light stays on permanantly and the Fans seem to be on maximum. Then to switch it off i have to switch the PSU off.

The Specs of the PC:

2.8ghz P4
    Asus P4P-800E Deluxe
    Radeon 9800 128mb
    1gig corsair RAM
    Hard Drive 1 - 160gig (Partitioned 10gig for windows and rest for programs)
    Hard Drive 2 - 250gig (Files, downloads etc)
    USB Mouse, Keyboard etc
    CD/DVD Reader Drive
    DVD +/- RW Drive

I have already tried disconnecting each Hard Drive then turning it on and the same thing happened each time, so i dont think its either on of the hard drives.

Any help would be appreciated, if you need any more details let me know

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

What is the exact make and model of your power supply? Please post a link to the power supply if possible.

3. Metaphoric

4. Metaphoric

well ive had my RAM and CPU and Gfx out and cleaned them and it works now.... i was doing each component with problems but then at the end i tried "one last time" and it works... and it does every time now =/

how odd, thanks for the help anyway ;)

5. win2kpro

win2kpro

There was a known problem last year with certain Antec PSU's and Asus boards. I believe that the problem was mainly with the Neo HE series, but I don't really know if other series were involved. I believe is most cases the problem was resolved by updating the Asus BIOS.

If you can access BIOS check the voltages as they are displayed in BIOS and see if you have over voltage or low voltage on any rail.

Attached is a link to a brief description regarding the Antec/Asus problem.

http://www.antec.com/ec/support_roductInfo_FAQ.php?Qnumber=1&FAQno=22

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595997

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice